Thursday 16 October 2008

Mandy not trusted?

There's quite a non story in the papers today, presumably initiated by the opposition, about Peter Mandelson not being given the role of anti-corruption champion within the government.

I must confess I did not know there was such a role but to suggest that it should be given to the business secretary because it was previously given to John Hutton is unconvincing. As Number 10 has pointed out, before Hutton, Hilary Benn (see below) had the job.

I don't think the job should sit with the business secretary at all, as that job is primarily focused on supporting big business whatever the ethical costs. Not that I trust Jack Straw any further than I could throw him.

Mandy on the other hand is the innocent victim of a smear campaign...

No comments: